[ardour-users] ardour, jack and midi

moron moron at industrial.org
Fri Oct 28 09:17:50 PDT 2005

Howdy.  I decided to test out both the MIDI automation options of Ardour and
whether my Korg microKontrol would be recognized under Linux this morning
(well, last night and this morning).

The microKontrol when connected via USB looks like 3 devices.  I installed
Rosegarden so I had something which would show incoming notes and from what I
see, the second device on the microKontrol does send MIDI events (I recorded
both notes and controller values into Rosegarden from it.

Jack and Ardour though seem a no go.

I have followed the instructions in the Ardour manual (obviously skipping the
Behringer-centric portions) as far as configuring Jackd.  Unfortunately it
seems that qjackctl has no way of showing when data is present on a given
connection so I cannot tell if the problem is Jack or Ardour.

In any case, I ctrl middle click on a slider but Ardour acts like it cannot
see any MIDI data.

I could not find anything about this in this manual - what MIDI channel does
Ardour expect data to be sent on?  Are there any specific controller ranges
it is looking for?

Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this? I'll be trying the M-Audio
card's true MIDI input this weekend to see if that works any better but it
would be mighty handy if the USB interface worked.

Cheers

--
---> (culture) http://industrial.org : (label)  http://deterrent.net
---> (community) http://ampfea.org : (hire me) http://codegrunt.com
---> (send EEEI news to) infosuck at industrial.org
---> Whomever dies with the most URLs wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!