[ardour-users] help understanding routing?

Luc Tanguay lucus at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 26 18:58:12 PDT 2005

Because... that's my own setup.  And I had a few feedback loops while
learning to use it.

On the mixer you have the "2TK to CTRL ROOM" and "2TK to MIX" buttons.
If "2TK to CTRL ROOM" is pressed, the TAPE IN signal goes to the CTRL
ROOM outputs.  If "2TK to MIX" is pressed, the TAPE IN signal goes to
(i) MAIN MIX volume & MAIN OUT and TAPE OUT and (ii) PHONES/CONTROL ROOM
volume & CTRL OUT.

If "2TK to CTRL" is pressed, the TAPE IN signal goes to PHONES/CONTROL
ROOM volume & CTRL OUT.

NOTE: the "TAPE OUT" is the same as the "MAIN OUT".

This is well explained in the user's manual, and you understand it after
some feedback loop and hand drawing :-)

I try to prevent feedback loops by not connecting inputs and outputs
from my PC/delta-66 to the mixer.

Happy recording...
Luc