[ardour-users] Freeze with TAP Scaling Limiter shifts audio

Tom Szilagyi st444 at hszk.bme.hu
Wed Oct 26 10:12:46 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 04:07:44PM +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Tom, just stumbled over this:
>
> a. track with some active ladspa like 10 band eq -> freeze -> audio sits
> where it should.
>
> b. track with active tap scaling limiter -> freeze -> audio gets shifted
> to the right by about 560 frames.

Hi,

the plugin has a latency of 12.5 ms. This corresponds to about 552
samples at 44.1k, 600 at 48k. Not sure what happens when the freeze is
issued in Ardour, but IIRC it seems to work normally during regular
playback (I don't use freeze, and I am far from Ardour ATM). So it may
be a bug in the Ardour freeze code related to plugin latency
compensation.

FYI, the existence of this latency is noted in the plugin manual at
http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/limiter.html
in the section "Summary of user controls".

Hope this helps. Sorry for the late answer.

Tom