[ardour-users] Terrible pain with Jamin

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Oct 25 12:29:41 PDT 2005

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:11:50 +0300
"Marukqs" <marukas at hardcore.lt> wrote:

> My PC is Fedora Core 4, Athlon +3000, 512RAM, 7200rpms ReiserFS disk.

You already noted that your RAM gets tight, going up to 1GB will help
a LOT.

It'd also be a big step forward for you to use a low-latency kernel
that's been tweaked for audio apps.  Since you're on Fedora, I'd look
at Planet CCRMA at http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

I'd also look into an alternate window manager; the KDE and Gnome
desktops can chew up a lot of resources.  I like Fluxbox, but there's
a lot of lightweight window managers out there.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com
    129 Petta. Lake Rd,  Saunderstown, RI 02874 - vox 401.338.9214