[ardour-users] ardour-0.99.dmg - Mac OS X 10.4

eduard eduard.aylon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:53:22 PDT 2005

Ok, sorry again. I read to fast and didn't pay attention...

When I start ardour from Contents/Resources/bin/, ardour starts up.
Then I give the session a name and as soon as I click on the create
button, it closes down.
Here's the output from the terminal.

<...>

~/Applications/Music Applications/Ardour-0.99/Ardour.app/Contents/
Resources/bin$ ./ardour
Ardour/GTK 0.99
    (built using 1.0.0 with libardour 0.901.2 and GCC version 3.3
20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666))
Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright (C) Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren,
Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
ardour: [WARNING]: Without a UI style file, ardour will look strange.
Please set ARDOUR_UI_RC to point to a valid UI style file
ardour: [WARNING]: no MIDI ports specified: no MMC or MTC control
possible
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [ERROR]: keyboard_target: error setting binding state:
invalid node
zombified - calling shutdown handler
Bus error

<...>

If instead I click on cancel on ardour first prompt, I get this message:

JACK has either been shut down or it disconnected Ardour because Ardour
was not fast enough. You can save the session and/or try to reconnect
to JACK.

and the output from the terminal:

<...>

[...]

Then if I do File > New and create the session I get the following
message:

Ardour: Fatal Error
Programming Error AudioEngine::framerate() called while disconnected
from JACK.
Press to exit

and Jack is still running.