[ardour-users] envy24control

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 10 10:47:24 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 10:37 -0700, Mike Fisher wrote:
> When I try to compile the envy24control package I get
> the following during configure.
>
> checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
> checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound
> checking for libasound headers version >= 0.5.5...
> found.
> checking for snd_cards in -lasound... no
> configure: error: No linkable libasound was found.

you probably need a package called "alsa-lib-devel" installed.

most distributions split libraries into two packages. one has the stuff
needed by people who never compile from source, it just has whatever is
needed to allow programs that use the library to run; the other
("devel") has the stuff you need to compile and link programs that use
the library. in general, distros install the non-devel library and not
the devel package by default, because they don't expect their new users
to be compiling stuff.

how to install the package will vary depending on which distribution you
are using.

but ... there is really no obvious reason for you to be building it from
source. envy24control is part of the alsatools package

--p