[ardour-users] ctrl-right-click in Ardour

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Mon Oct 3 11:44:19 PDT 2005

Hi all,

currently I am facing a somewhat weird problem. It's a bit OT, but maybe someone
can give me a hint where to look...

I am trying to get a Behringer B-Control BCF2000 to control parameters (e.g. faders)
in Ardour via MIDI. For this I need to "ctrl-right-click" on the ui element to activate
the auto learn mode (and after that I should operate the desired control on the BCF2000
in order to generate MIDI events for Ardour to learn).

Problem is: Ardour doesn't react on ctrl-right-click. My suspicion is, someone (gnome?)
is "eating" the mouse events.

Maybe someone more familiar with gnome (and debian either) has faced a similar
problem in the past and can give me a hint where to look or what to do to find out
what is going wrong?
I am using Ardour with Gnome on "64Studio", a specialized variant of Debian
(similar to Agnula/DeMuDi)

any help, ideas, pointers greatly appreciated
Hermann Vosseler