[ardour-users] TOC file question

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Fri Nov 25 06:44:06 PST 2005

Dave Phillips wrote:

>Greetings:
>
>  Hopefully this is a simple one: How do I create a TOC when I save my
>Ardour session to a WAV file ? If external software is needed, please
>advise. :)
>
>  I want my song titles to display when I play the disc in a player like
>XMCD or any other dedicated CD player. I assume the TOC option is what I
>want to pursue, yes ?

dave:

just do this:

1. in your ardour session, t "snap to" to cd frames
2. drag out ranges in the "range markers" timeline, corresponding to
track beginnings/endings -- make sure the first track starts at 0 and
the last track marker, the end of audio and the end marker are all at
the same place, and snapped to a cd frame.
3. open the locations window, and in the bottom half (the range markers
portion), check the cd checkboxes for your song range markers, and fill
in titles, performers, composers, isrc - note that the overall cd title
is taken from the session name
4. export the session to a 16-bit wav, making sure the cd marker file
type is set to "cue" in the export window.
5. do: cdrecord -cuefile=/path/filename.cue -dao  (where filename.cue is
the cue file you wrote in the session export)

-p