[ardour-users] Sox problems

Thomas Vecchione seablade at softhome.net
Tue Nov 22 23:24:08 PST 2005

So I am trying to convert a file from a .raw(Specificly the raw data
from a SD2 file) to a .wav in sox.  I know the file is good because i
can convert it with audacity fine, but because I have about... oh 1000
of these to conver tI would rather not do it by hand, thus I am trying
to write a script to do it, but I cant seem to get sox to convert the
file correctly and was wondering if anyone could give me what they think
should be the working commanline for it.  Right now it converts the
file, but into nothing useful..

In Audacity the settings are a Signed 16-bit PCM, Big-Endian, 2 Channel
Stereo, 0 offset, 100 % import, and 44100 samplerate.

Now in sox I try all this, sox -t .sw -r 44100 -c 2 -x File Outputfile

Unfortunatly nothing seems to work, I have tried as many variation I
thought would work and quite a few that I thought wouldnt(And they
didnt).  What obvious thing am I missing?  And yes the endianess should
be switched(-x correct) due to these files coming off of a mac, but the
conversion is happening on an AMD64 right?  I tried it both ways
anyways, but just checking my logic.

      Seablade

Who really needs to convert a lot of files in a hurry, yea for Mac SD2
formats, gotta hate em.