[ardour-users] [OT] JAMin guidance needed

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 21 05:53:13 PST 2005

On Monday 21 November 2005 12:04, eviltwin69 at cableone.net wrote:

>     This is the way I do it as well.  Just open a stereo track in Ardour
> and record back into it.  I have occasionally had too many tracks to handle
> this way (wimpy CPU).  In those cases I export to a wav file and then use
> alsaplayer -o jack into JAMin into a new Ardour session.  You could also
> create a new Ardour session, import the wav file, and then go
> Ardour->Jamin->Ardour.

When I master a single composition, I just insert Jamin in the master-out bus.
Adjust the settings as needed and export to a .wav file.

To master a group of pieces together, I export each piece to a stereo 32float
riff/wav (ardours native format). Then I make a new session with 1 or 2
stereo tracks. Embed all the mix-tracks in there and then insert Jamin in the
master out. Set CD markers. Export to .wav.

Gerard