[ardour-users] Bounce to disk error

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Nov 15 07:03:52 PST 2005

On 11/14/05, Stephen Falk <sdfalk at telus.net> wrote:
> here's a quick screen grab of the error in question, (that I was
> asked about earlier)
> To be more specific it was "Export range to Audio File."
>

> It seems to be referencing built in audio which is a bit confusing as
> I'm using my Motu 2408mk3.

As an aside, those messages are expected due to poorly chosen defaults
on our part.  To fix the Auditioner ports, go into the Options Editor
window, Audition tab and connect the ports to your motu device.

> I'm sure it's something I'm missing.

Yes, it is the terrible gui design of the export dialog which doesn't
make clear that you need to enter a complete filename manually.  Just
enter the full name of the file you want to be created (it defaults to
just a directory).

jlc