[ardour-users] Delta 1010 question

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Thu Nov 3 16:03:55 PST 2005

On 3 November 2005 at 15:44, 7lb9oz Productions <viipoundproductions at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello, I am making a decision about a new soundcard, but first
> I wanted to ask a question or two.  First, when I see that the
> Delta 1010 is supported and works well in linux, does that mean
> all 1010's, just the 1010, or just the 1010lt?  I only ask
> because the list on the alsa website is definitive about the
> lt, but not about the full 1010.

My "full" 1010 works great.

> Also, I have heard that the mixer is something called envy24,

envy24control works great.

> and it is part of alsa, but the M-Audio site links to a website
> for linux drivers that are not part of alsa, they are OSS.

Never used nor needed those drivers.

> Is there anything special that I need to know about how
> to install or settup this card, or will the drivers and
> software just be installed when I install the operating system?
> (currently the plan is it will be fedora core 3)

I installed the 1010 on Mandrake 10.1 and didn't have to do
anything unusual to set it up.  I did have to add 1 or 2 lines
in my ardour.rc file to specify the hardware MIDI port I want to
use.

A friend of mine has a 1010LT on a Windows system, but I'm not sure
he's done much real work with it.  He was happy with the initial
playing he did with it tho.

G'luck....
--
Kevin