[ardour-users] region export causes segfault

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Sat May 28 01:57:06 PDT 2005

Orm Finnendahl <finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de>:
> after click-selection of a region (in object mode), right-clicking,
> choosing "export", choosing the filename and clicking "ok", ardour
> segfaults.

There is no segfault with current cvs of ardour and jack when exporting
a region from its context menu. But trying this I see a slightly
different behaviour for region export as compared to range or session
export: playhead doesn't move and sndfile-info reports the file was not
closed properly (it claims to fix it too) which is not exactly a good
sign.

> The version is 0.9beta28

A lot of things were going on between beta28 and current cvs. Alas none
of the devs have the time to maintain yesterdays's betas. Dinosaur
distributions like SuSE are way too slow to keep up so they ship point
releases -- functional but ancient. It's a problem but that's the way
it is. Consider building current cvs (the tarball on
http://ardour.org/releases/ardour-cvs.tar.bz2 is always the latest)

Wolfgang