[ardour-users] Question about Dual ICE1712 M-Audio Cards

ross at lug.udel.edu ross at lug.udel.edu
Sun May 1 22:21:15 PDT 2005

On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 07:22:05PM -1000, Doug J wrote:
> I saw a thread in the archives talking about the .asoundrc for running dual
> 1010LT cards.  I'm trying to tweak my .asoundrc to make a Delta66 and a
> Delta44 run together, but I don't know much about writing an asoundrc file
> and alsa-project.org seems to be down so I can't find much documentation.
> Does anyone who is running dual ICE1712 cards have a model asoundrc to
> share with me to point me in the right direction?

You won't be able to do it with perfect results - the Delta44 lacks
any kind of digital synchronization method.  As a result, you'll run
into drift after a while.

You really need to use two 66 or 1010 cards - they are able to sync
over SPDIF.  Then, your samples will all be in sync.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."