[ardour-users] Newbie sick of windows!

Peter Lutek plutek at infinity.net
Thu Mar 31 22:51:31 PST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:30:02 +0000, vanDongen/Gilcher <gml at xs4all.nl>
wrote:

> On Thursday 31 March 2005 16:27, lewis.jon at att.net wrote:
>
>> Is there anyone out there that use the Linux platform professionally for
>> audio production work? -Jon

i am a freelance wind instrumentalist, composer and audio engineer. i've
used linux off and on for a few years now, and have just in the last few
months made a linux laptop my primary working platform. in fact, i haven't
touched my windows machine (except for accounting --- i haven't ported my
big ms-access database to mysql yet!) for probably two months. within the
next month, i'll be doing work which is targeted for professional
promotion and/or release --- i have decided to do it entirely on my linux
system. i've already dumped my FAT32 audio backup disk over to ext3, so i
think i'm in it for the long haul.

-p