[ardour-users] Sound Replacer?

vanDongen/Gilcher gml at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 23 01:26:30 PST 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 21:42, Don Fredricks wrote:
> Gerard,
>
> No, the snare is (more or less) isolated on its own track. I'm looking for
> tools and techniques, not miracles! :)

Well, the miracle is code-able and it would be nice feature :)
It would be pretty cpu intensive though.

But as it is, I would  make a simple pd-patch with the boink~ object, to
trigger a sampleplayback. Or I could use csound with an envelope follower.
Basically anything that can use an audio signal to trigger something.
I haven't seen a linux app that does that out of the box though, so if I was
in a hurry, I would get out my old AKAI S900 with trigger inputs, and either
use that or use it as a trigger-to-midi box, and route the midi to something
like jtrigger or simsam or whatever.

Of course, you can also use jamin on the snare track and compress and eq it so
that it sounds decent.

Gerard
--
electronic & acoustic musics-- http://www.xs4all.nl/~gml