[ardour-users] Sound Replacer?

gerard van dongen gml at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 22 13:48:01 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:28:55 -0800, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Don,
>    Try running a gated trigger and then use that trigger to drive a
> sampler such as Simsam or Linuxsampler.
>
> good luck,
> Mark

IIUC I think what he is asking for is a snare in a take containing other
drum hits as well.
And the answer is no. LADSPA can't do this because it processes sounds in
real time.

It would be a nice feature, a search and replace function on sounds.

In this particular case, if you're lucky you can run the drum track
through some filters resonating only by the snare hit and then use that
output to trigger a sampler. But then you still need to edit out the bad
sounding hits in the original track, so you might as well start cutting
and pasting right away :)