[ardour-users] gtk-config missing...

George Delaney zappa_16 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 14:56:46 PST 2005

Hello All,

This is my first post to this list so let me start by
saying Hi to everyone.  I have searched the archive
for an answer to this question but have come up blank
so here it is for the list.  I am trying to install
Ardour on an AMD 1 gighz machine (512 mb ram) in the
hopes of setting up a digital audio work station
(*DOH!*) and during the configuration process Ardour
tells me that I don't have and need a gtk-config file.
 Now I am running SuSE 9.1 professional and I have
checed every thing I can to make sure that I have all
the appropriate libs, files, programs, etc, with all
the appropriate version numbers etc, so I know I have
what it takes to configure and compile Ardour, but I
can't seem to find any info on the gtk-config file.
The GTK web site has some info, but it all dates from
2001 or earlier.  Thanks for all your help and advice
and I look forward to using and contributing what I
can to Ardour.  It really looks great and could just
be the answer to my studio on a budget dreams.  Thanks
again.

Greg Dickinson

zappa_16 at yahoo.com
"Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny."  Frank
Zappa...BeBop Tango