[ardour-users] installing with apt

Tue Mar 1 12:13:05 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 11:26, Andre Perrotta wrote:
> Hi, wich mirror do I have to put in my /etc/apt/sources.list file in
> order to do:
>
> apt-get install ardour

What do you have installed? RedHat? Fedora Core? If so look at the
installation pages for your distro in:
  http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

Beware that "apt-get install ardour" is not nearly enough. For Ardour to
be of any use you have to have Jack, and you also need a kernel that
allows you to run Jack with low latency _and_ as a normal user. Of
course you could run with a stock kernel and as root but the results
will not be that good.

-- Fernando