[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Sat Jun 11 15:05:34 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 17:35 +0200, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> How did you measure that exactly? I'd be very interested in solid info
> here. Thanks in advance.

Not scientifically I'm afraid Wolfgang. I simply ran the 8ch under Linux
and compared that to my XP install of the time. BIG difference. I don't
have an XP box anymore (never mind) so can't be more scientific, but the
effect was a real one; the actual numbers just a guess, but they'd be
pretty close...say -83 V -85dB approx or thereabouts I'd say.

Thinking about it, I have an XP games box at home here, and I have my
DAW at home today also...hhhmmm, might just install and do an A-B..good
idea.

I'll let you know.

Best,
Geoff.