[ardour-users] New to the list with some questions.

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sat Jun 11 08:06:39 PDT 2005

Andrew Johnston <andyandtaya at gmail.com> writes:

> Built in soft synths, sampler, Sequencer, pattern editor/piano roll,
> drum machine, VST/LADSPA effects -- anybody keen?

In my opinion, this is a horror story you tell your kids at
night;). This will probably never be the policy of any free
application running on a unix conformant system, such as GNU. The idea
is that the environment is supposed to offer you this feel of
integration. Apps should concentrate on doing their things good, have
good interfaces and extensively use libraries; that's how I see it and
because of the development model, it's probably best to get stable,
lean and mean pieces of software. I do hope that apps and ideas like
lash will help more with this integration perception.

This way, you can work with modules, using only the pieces of software
you need and like.

This is the unix way/idea; live it, breath it, possess it;)

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m