[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:56:03 PDT 2005

On 6/10/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> Maybe a consolidated version should go in more permanent location
> like a wiki somewhere?
>
> -PW

I agree about a consolitdated list. That would be great.

I'd also like to see a specific (and much smaller) set of VSTs that we
ask people to run successfully before they go running off to try new
things out. If there were just 3 or 5 VSTs on a short list and a
'jack_vst' web page somewhere I think it would help with start up
pains and give us a more consistent set of questions to ask folks when
they get started.

As for the consolidated page, it would be good to have verification of
somethign working from multiple people beforeit goes on the page, or
the page could be divided into two piece for confirmed and
unconfirmed, etc. I've tried a few of the VSTs that were listed as
working and they didn't work for me.

Just my 2 cents,
Mark