[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Thu Jun 9 21:49:03 PDT 2005

Don't despair Hector ! There are literally hundreds of VST's out
there....lot's of really good free one's that work really well with
ardour/jack_fst . Have you looked at http://www.kvraudio.com/ recently?
It would be good to make a list of the one's that save and work really
well. I use Kontakt.dll all day-every day in the studio--Perfectly !
And don't forget the amazing universe of LADSPA!

It's worth it on many levels; for example my C-Port (ice1712 card) runs
cleaner and better (by about approx -3db s/n better) under linux than
with the OEM driver under XP. I've got three of them.. do the math !
-3db over 24 channels  ...It's MUCH quieter under linux !

And of course you get to talk to really cool guys like Mark 'n Me; what
more could you ask for ....;-b

good luck,

Geoff.