[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Geoff Beasley songshop at bizmedia.com.au
Thu Jun 9 18:11:35 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 11:23 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Hector, Geoff & Russ,
>    I have said this before - we need a specific set of 'known-good'
> VSTs that all new users should try as part of the install process

Agreed. I will go thru all of mine and test which one's work,save and
which don't then list accordingly here. Take a day or two but worth the
effort for my own sake... I'm doing my second solo album at the moment,
so it's good pre-production! I use a lot of free one's too, so that will
useful for newbies.

BTW Hector, you are using Wine 20040505 aren't you ? If not then that
could go some way to explain the problem also ( tho i just could't get
fst to install at all on any other anyway)

Best,

Geoff.