[ardour-users] Trying to get apt to recognise CCRMA discs

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Jun 9 14:27:49 PDT 2005

Joel Laviolette <mbirame at yahoo.com>:

> There seems to be one big problem.  I can not get the
> apt to see my CD's.  Also i get a "bash- media/cdrom
> no such file or directory".  My DVD drive seems to be
> in a strange-unknown place...The discs mount nicely
> the the desktop and when I open vlc to play the DVD,
> the path it is looking at is dvd:///dev/hdc
> Does this info help?

I don't have/use apt so I might be off: Mount the dvd/cdrom on your
desktop (seems to work if I understand you right). Open a console and
try "apt-cdrom add". A quick google for apt and cdrom turned up pages
about this ("apt-cdrom is a tool to add CDROM's to APT's source list.
The CDROM mount point and device information is taken from apt.conf
and /etc/fstab.")

You'll get there, it's just some small quirk somewhere.
Wolfgang