[ardour-users] shall we wait for VST or go with libfst?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Fri Jun 3 08:19:36 PDT 2005

Brendan Spear wrote:

> Paul, I was planning on rebuilding my audio box to go with Linux and
> Ardour this weekend… however, I already own lots of VSTi’s I have
> purchased. I was planning to try out the libfst, but you just
> suggested on the email list to wait to you have that built in. I don’t
> mean to be rude or to rush you, but any idea on a timeline that VST
> may be built in? so I can gauge weather or not to mess with the fstlib
> stuff or not. (by the way from everything I have read and seen, Ardour
> looks amazing).
> Thanks, Brendan

If you managed to build libfst to a working state (Wine 05052004 is a
reliable version of wine although others have had some success with
later builds) Use jack_fst. It's solid for the most part and usefull.
You just need to make your connections individually in the Qjackconnect
or Qjackctl patch panel.

R~