[ardour-users] System was not able to keep up with Ardour

d13b kluppe at klingt.org
Sat Jul 30 02:58:35 PDT 2005

hello!

i ran into the same problem several times until i noticed that my ardour
system slowly eats up all memory while recording when "show waveform
while recording" is enabled in the options dialog.
try to disable this otion.
i guess the error is triggered when the system starts to move main
memory onto the swap partition.
se also mantis bugs #880 #939 and #997

best regards
d13b