[ardour-users] System was not able to keep up with Ardour

Paul Roberts raulpoberts at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 17:41:42 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am new to Ardour and have been loving it so far!

I have a question about an error that I get pretty consistently when
recording to just a single track while Ardour is synchronized with
Hydrogen through JACK.

The error is :

Your system was not able to keep up with Ardour

Specifically, it was not able to read data from the disk fast enough
to keep up with playback.

I am running a 750 MHz athlon with two 7200 RPM IDE disks (one for the
system and one for recording) that share the same IDE channel. I was
wondering if people had experienced this before, and what they did to
prevent it from happening.

thanks,

Paul