[ardour-users] Ardour was not fast enough

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 21:18:03 PDT 2005

OK, so basically you have lots of disk throughput, so if the 'disk
cannot keep up', as the Ardour message goes, it's most likkely a red
herring sort of message. More likely something else is getting in the
way.

Sorry that I've forgotten or didn't read this earlier but you are
using a pretty old version of Fedora Core. Can you post the output of
these commands?

uname -a
cat /proc/asound
lspci
lsmod
cat /proc/interrupts

I may be wrong but you're using a pretty new version of Jack with a
pretty old kernel. I wonder if many folks have tried that combination?

Since you got better xrun results by up-ing the latency that suggests
to me that somehow the realtime aspect of the kernel is not working.
I'd have to go back and look at how that was done on 2.4 kernels, but
I should double check that:

1) When configuring Jack through qjackctl that you ARE enabling
realtime in the config screen

2) That if oyu look at the message screen for QJC you see realtime
getting enabled.

All for now,
Mark