[ardour-users] Ardour was not fast enough

Devin Venable dvenable at valornet.com
Sun Jul 17 18:23:02 PDT 2005

Thanks Mark.  I ran it like so and I'm in good shape now.

jackstart -R -d alsa -r 44100 -p 2048 -n 4 -d hw

BTW, someone asked what hardware I'm on.  I'm pushing the envelope, for
being a cheapskate that is.  I'm on a Sysmar 550---one of those cheap
$200 Wal-Mart boxes. Read more about it here:

http://www.linuxhardware.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/16/1711258&mode=thread

Other than this latest hiccup, I'm having great results.  Best $200 hard
disk recorder ever.  I love planetccrma and ardour.