[ardour-users] Ardour can't connect to JACK

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:45:01 PDT 2005

August,
   I'm glad that works, as it should, but you should also be able to
run with the realtime option turned on. That's one of the advantages
of using the PlanetCCRMA setup, or should be.

   One possibility is that you're possibly not running the right
kernel. Can you post the output of

uname -a

and let us look at that? If you are running a standard Fedora kernel
then -R won't work. Even though the Planet install puts a new kernel
on your system I think that it does not automatically make it the
default for booting. You must do that by editing /boot/grub/grub.conf,
so first reboot, choose the Planet kernel, and then see if -R works.

cheers,
Mark