[ardour-users] Ardour Tips and Tricks threadJACKing

Frode Haugsgjerd froh at fsb.gotdns.org
Fri Jul 15 15:25:20 PDT 2005

tor, 14,.07.2005 kl. 10.59 -0400, skrev smurky:
> Thomas G. Willis wrote:
>
> > I'm new to Ardour, I'm using xfs but I'm getting a lot of xruns
> > recently. So my question would be, what fs to use? Assuming the fs is
> > the source of my problems, which could very well not be the case, it
> > might be xorg for all I know.
>

> It's more than likely the fs. xfs is a journalling file system and
> you'll need to edit your /etc/fstab to mount tmp/jack as tmpfs. When I
> was using ext3fs I found that the line:
>     none  /dev/shm  tmpfs  defaults 0 0
> gave the best results. Here  is the link to the official documentation.
> Using ext2 makes things easier and faster. IMHO.

I get very god results with XFS on my Ubuntu warty box with backported
debian unstable/demudi audiopackages. I can run jack at 5.33 msec
latency without xruns (128 frames).
Kernel 2.6.12 rlimits/realtime-preempt-2.6.12-rc6-V0.7.48-05
Celleron 2.2 /512MB ram
Old and noisy SBlive Value from 1998
--
Frode Haugsgjerd