[ardour-users] Reduce(cut) tight range of frequencies

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue Jul 12 06:19:11 PDT 2005

"Oleg Ivanenko" <oai-ash at yandex.ru>:
> I have cheap microphone that generate strange peak's on some
> frequencies. I want reduce(cut) this peaks in signal... It should be
> done on very tight range of frequencies... May I do it by LADSPA
> plugins in Ardour or some other things? Or I should go other way?

Hi Oleg. You could use JAMin (http://jamin.sourceforge.net) and its
"hand-drawn-EQ". It has 1024 bands under the hood. What you draw gets
interpolated to fit into the bands. Fine control. Move the mouse into
the drawing area and press Shift-F1 to get specific help. Increase the
gain range in Edit -> Preferences to max 70 db's. You can bypass the
compressors and the limiter-section to just get EQ, store presets etc.
JAMin is totally sweet.

I'm not sure how I would actually use it if I had to do what you need to
do: Whether post-recording on an Ardour bus or as send-target or even
next to the physical input as a pre-recording gain-stage.

Wolfgang