[ardour-users] Re: Mastering CD with ardour

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:25:22 PDT 2005

Hi,

On 7/1/05, Michel BUONOMO <michel.buonomo at ac-grenoble.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Ardour/GTK 0.9beta29 (built using 0.589.2 with libardour
> 0.887.1) and Session->Export->ExportToCD is forever greyed.

I have't seen this option available myself...

> I've added non overlapping RangeMarkers, turned them to "CD" in the
> locations window and ... ExportToCD is still greyed.
> Do I have to do sommething else ?
> Does ardour need any external program ?

No, you want the first option in this menu (don't exactly know how it
is called) to export the whole session. In the following dialog you
have to select samplerate and bit-depth according to the cd-standard
and select the options for the toc-file generation. This will give you
a big wave-file of your session and a toc-file which just needs to be
feed into cdrecord...

> Shall i use gcdmaster (or other ?) instead of ardour to create my CD TOC
> from a huge ".wav" ?

ardour does this already...

Arnold