[ardour-users] Re: Capturing audio with 2 delta1010lt's (chapter 3 - Ardour not happy!)

audio lathe audiolathe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:04:47 PST 2005

Ok, I have gone through the kernel config and stopped SE linux (it
will be an offline kernel) and BSD accounting. I picked the Deadline
I/O Scheduler

disk performance is

/dev/hdg:
 Timing buffer-cache reads:   3668 MB in  2.00 seconds = 1832.45 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk reads:  168 MB in  3.02 seconds =  55.56 MB/sec

These are other things I notice.

I tried running jack with the first ice1712 only at 22050 2 channels.
I also turned off --hwmon
The p and c buffers go to 100% and 0% before hanging ardour with the
disk speed error, DSP load is 0.8%.
jackd is running with a 1013.7Mb ramdisk (is that too much?), could
this be contributing to the problem?

The cpuload goes right up after it locks up, I have temp/speed
adjustable cpu fan and you can hear it getting busy after ardour locks
up until it (sometimes) exits.

Do I need to change the buffering charictaristics (is it bdflush in
2.6?). Am I doing something wrong cause I'm kinda at a loss what to do
next?