[ardour-users] Why am I so slow ?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Jan 13 09:42:23 PST 2005

Hi Carl,

some quick recommendations:

1) look up "love sources" in the Gentoo forums, download the latest
ebuild, build the digest, emerge and compile. [love-sources is
mm-sources plus a few other goodies]

2) after that, emerge the realtime-lsm module, modprobe it with
"modprobe any=1" [to test, at least, later you can do it by UID]

3) use fluxbox, ion, ratpoison or another lightweight window manager
instead of Gnome or KDE while playing and recording

with all this together, you should run glitch free while switching
desktops and using multiple Jack clients.

good luck,
d.