[ardour-users] crash with 0.9beta26

Antonio debian at fastwebnet.it
Sat Feb 26 09:45:04 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 11:57 +0100, Antonio wrote:
[snip]
> ... Then I moved
> ~/.ardour and I haven't had no more freeze but ardour crashes when
> trying to load the session.

After more than 10 retries, I was able to load the old version, but all
the cross fade went away (not an important problem for me). Reading
around, I've learned that the ardour's format can change through the
releases, and will become stable after the 1.0 release. So maybe I have
to try to reproduce the problem with sessions created with the beta26.

However, I got several messages in console opening the session that I
can't understand, like this:

Source[/home/noise/UTF-8__1_B0_20pezzogrezzo.wav:1]: cannot read peak
data from peakfile (0 peaks instead of 4096) (Success) at start_byte =
327680 and current frame = 10485760 _length = 12272674 expected maxpeaks
= 6980

Can anyone tell me what do they mean, and if I have to worry? This kind
of messages aren't new to me, and I was ever wondering if there's
something bad with them.

Cheers,

- Antonio