Silent pc (Re: [ardour-users] Session export ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Feb 25 11:14:23 PST 2005

Hallo,
Matthew Sewell hat gesagt: // Matthew Sewell wrote:

> Crap.  I keep reading that the VIA chipsets are to be AVOIDED.  What is
> the truth?

If you want to run AMD CPUs, basically your only choice is Via or
NVidia. (The SiS and Ali chipsets reportedly are worse than those.)
Politically Via is the Right Choice(tm) here, as NVidia is notorious
to keep specifications secret from open source developers, while Via
OTOH is rather open in this regard. [1] Apart from some problems with
exotic USB hardware I never had any problems related to the Via
chipsets on my board.

[1] an example is this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vemp/

Ciao

             _ __latest track: fqdn _ http://footils.org/cms/show/38