Silent pc (Re: [ardour-users] Session export ?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Feb 24 16:51:53 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 15:15, Matthew Sewell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 12:17, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > > That sounds fine. Stay away from reiserfs for your audio disk though. ext3
> > > of XFS is better for big files like audio files.
>
> Dammit!  How come I can never get consistent advice on this subject?  I
> put reiserfs on that drive because I read that it performs better for
> audio work.  What do you suggest then?  Vfat or ext3?

    If you're using the 2.4 kernel reiserfs is fine.  Somewhere buried
in the LAD archives is a missive from Andrew Morton saying that reiserfs
is broken on 2.6.  This may now be OBE but I haven't seen anything else
on the subject.  My personal experience (subjective) leads me to believe
that XFS will be better than ext3 on 2.6 kernels.

Jan