[ardour-users] sync source = MTC(SMPTE) ???

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Feb 9 18:51:28 PST 2005

Hi,

After reading ardour-users and ardour-dev it looks like using
Ardour as an MTC source isn't going to happen any day soon, for
reasons outside of Ardour.

So now I'm trying to use an ADAT to generate MTC/MMC through a
sync converter box and use that to drive Ardour.  When I select
MTC(SMPTE) as the sync source in the options editor I get this error
message:

    [ERROR]: No MTC port defined: MTC slaving is impossible.

How should I go about troubleshooting this problem?  FWIW,
Rosegarden works fine on my system.  I can play and record
external MIDI on my Alesis keyboard.  I'm confused as to how
to define an MTC port.

Thanks folks....

--
Kevin