[ardour-users] playback and capture sample rates do not match (44100 vs. 44099)

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Feb 5 00:31:38 PST 2005

On 4 February 2005 at 20:03, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Please don't worry about this. It's pretty much meaningless and not
> somethign that you can control. Alsa has no way to really know the
> frequency that any card is working at, and fortunately it doesn't
> matter.
>
>    As a test take you 5 minute song and play it in 5 CD players.
> Measure how long it takes the song to complete...

I'm not worried about that case.  I'm more worried about my current
recording project.  I've got a song file from my guitar player.  I'll
be playing drums along with that track.  His track will be at the
play rate, and my drums will start at the record rate and then be
played back at the play rate.  My concern is that when played back
together, that the drums and guitar will drift apart by the end of
the song.  The only way to know I suppose is to try it.  I've fought
this sort of thing before, but between recording devices, not on one
device by itself.

Cheers...

--
Kevin