[ardour-users] Survey - what sound card/interface are you using with Ardour?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Sat Dec 31 17:29:53 PST 2005

Peter Lutek wrote:

>James Rich wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Christopher wrote:
>>

>>>This is just to help me in making my decision as to what interface to use in
>>>my recording setup, which is currently comprised of Fedora Core 3 and Ardour
>>>and a crappy old sound card.
>>>
>>>What interface(s)/sound card are you using?  I know alot of it depends on
>>>the amount of channels you need, so this is mainly for the people using
>>>smaller setups for home studio recording or small projects.

Delta 1010LT. Picked it up on Ebay for $160.00US.  As Jan said, it does
not have balanced I/O's except for the 2 mic preamp ins. It has 8
analogue in/outs and SPDIF which I have never used. I match it up with a
patch bay and rca / 1/4 cables for ease of use. There can be some
minimal cross talk between channels but it has never caused a problem
for me. It records clean and can run at 96khz where only dogs will hear
the difference! :) I find it versitile and very much worth it's
comparatively low cost.

R~