[ardour-users] some usage questions

jbs (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Wed Dec 28 17:53:54 PST 2005

Hi Everyone,
I'm very new to serious audio tools and ardour specifically so I appologize ahead of time. These are all questions I couldn't find an answer to through google and experimentation.

1) How would you go about aligning a drum track recorded from hydrogen with say a song sample?

I have tried splitting the drums into new regions every bar (or more frequently if necessary) and then using the timefx tool to align each region with the song track, but this was tedious and I couldn't quite comprehend the timefx tool. Is there a way to stretch a region backwards while anchoring the end of the region? Is it possible to simultaneously stretch and shrink two bordering regions, i.e. stretching the one region and squeezing the other while keeping them flush with eachother on their border?

2) Is there a way to make the BBT ruler start again at 0 at ab arbitrary point on the timeline? What about adding a tempo change at an arbitrary point (NOT on a beat)? I don't see how this ruler has any use unless you can do these things.

3) For working with left and right channels of a stereo track separately (e.g. with plugins), is the accpeted procedure to send the output of the track to two separate busses for left and reight and then send those busses to the master input? Or is there a way to 'split' the channels in ardour forming two mono tracks?

4) Would I get a clue by reading something on ProTools or the like, or are these things pretty idiomatic to ardour?

Thanks for any input.
JBS
--
Sent from the Ardour - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/some-usage-questions-t819160.html#a2125426