[ardour-users] Professional Sound Card Choices

Solv (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Tue Dec 27 15:44:09 PST 2005

I have just purchased the RME HDSP 9652.  I am very happy with it so far, it seems to be of the utmost quality.  In terms of quality for value for money and support in linux, there isn't really anything better.  The maudio delta 1010 is a very good option as well, however it doesn't support as many channels, but on the other hand you don't need an a/d converter either.  I have bought a behringer ddx3216 to solve that problem for me, however if you don't need a full blown mixer a cheaper way to go would be to buy one or two of the behringer ADA800? 8 channel preamps with ADAT output, then just use ardour for mixing.  Of course there are much better preamps available on the market, which if you are going to be doing some quality recordings then you'd probably want to spend the extra on something like the maudio tampa with spdif output or the like...I'm sure there are many others.

Cheers,
Solv
--
Sent from the Ardour - User forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/Professional-Sound-Card-Choices-t782452.html#a2111590