[ardour-users] Ardour & BCF2000 USB control surface

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Dec 26 21:38:59 PST 2005

On 12/26/05, Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:11:12 -0700
> Steve D <groups at xscd.com> wrote:
>
> > So, powering-up and attaching the BCF2000 before launching Ardour does
> > not seem to work (Ardour is unresponsive to the control-button2click
> > MIDI controller assignment, and qjackctl refuses to allow the
> > connection), but launching Ardour first, and then turning on and
> > plugging in the BCF2000 seems to work fine.
>
> This happens to me, too, using any version of ardour or qjackctl on a
> Planet CCRMA (RH9-based) machine.  Power-cycling the BCF fixes the problem.

I believe this might have something to do with ardour itself capturing
the raw midi device in some way that prevents alsaseq from using it.
Look in your ~/.ardour/ardour.rc near the top and remove the other
<MIDI-port ... > lines where the type *isn't*  "alsa/sequencer".
(Make sure to edit the file when ardour is not running).

jlc