[ardour-users] start and end location marker

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Dec 14 12:20:20 PST 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:45:49PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> On 12/14/05, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
>
> > Creating a marker is no problem. What i want is to be able to
> > define a special movable marker where the session *always* starts,
> > just as the "end" marker defines the place where the session always
> > ends.
>
> Just to clarify, you want this "start" marker to be where the |<
> (return to start) transport button takes you, for instance?  What
> other features would use the special nature of this marker?

That and "Export session".
And of course any other way of doing "return to start", e.g.
Ctrl-A.
I can't think of anything else at the moment.

One way to do the UI for this feature would be:
add an item to the context menu for location markers, label it
something like "Use as session start".
So if I have a bunch of markers I could easily move the session
"start" among them without dragging anything, to suit whatever
i'm working on currently.
Would be especially useful in extremely long sessions.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com