[ardour-users] start and end location marker

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 10:42:58 PST 2005

On Wednesday 14 Dec 2005 18:18, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 05:10:06PM +0000, David Mulcahy wrote:
> > Why not create another location marker rename it start and then save it
> > in a template.  Then When You export a session (just before you press
> > export) move the playhead to the start marker then export.  Will / Does
> > this work?
>
> The playhead has no bearing on export.

Why does the playhead move when an export takes place?  I imagine it is simply
like a tape in fast forward mode.  Of course the playhead has no bearing when
exporting TOC but you can then just alter the start point to +5 or whatever.
You will get a hidden 5 second piece that can be found only by rewinding but
I guess only 1% of people will actually find this and it can be silenced with
ardour auto gain facility.  I havent tried this but it all seems reasonable.

The start position (location marker) can easily be moved to suit whatever
needs you have.

Dave