[ardour-users] start and end location marker

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Dec 14 08:29:51 PST 2005

On 14 December 2005 at 10:38, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 09:47:00PM +0100, Alessandro De Zorzi wrote:
> > I want define a "start" location, is this possible?
>
> Me too. Anybody ever find an answer for this?
>
> Typically when recording, there's some pre-roll and random gunk
> before the actual music starts. I don't want to include that
> stuff in my exported mix.   "End" is great for setting the end
> but there doesn't seem to be a "Start"!

I forget how I did it, but I added a "start" marker and a "zero"
marker, being earlier than "start".  I use the Locations window
for moving about between markers.  Maybe that's where I added the
markers?  I'm at a computer without ardour right now, otherwise
I could probably tell you what I did.  It was pretty easy to do,
but hard to figure out at first, and apparently even harder to
remember. ;-)  If you click on the little stripes above the tracks
in the editor window, then markers do appear where you clicked.
OK, that's all I know from here.

Sorry....
--
Kevin