[ardour-users] question about KDE desktop and Demudi/Ardour

philicorda philicorda at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 31 11:57:58 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:37 -0500, WoWeePratt wrote:
> I would like to use the KDE Desktop. Is Demudi/Agnula compatible with
> KDE? Is Ardour compatible with KDE?

I've had no problem running ardour in either KDE or Gnome.
You do have to make sure a sound daemon like arts isn't running though.

> Anyone here using KDE and Demudi?
>
> If so, how do I configure the KDE desktop to start at log-in instead
> of Gnome?

I normally set the desktop by either...
editing ~/.xinitrc and putting startkde or gnome-session in it.
Or...
using a session manager like gdm that lets you choose your desktop from
a menu.

I've got into using the ion3 window manager recently for Ardour. It's
good on my laptop as I can have just the arrange page and the mixer full
screened and flick between them. No desktop, no terminals, no resizing
windows, no menus etc. Good to cut down distractions.