[ardour-users] Ardour kills my xserver (on ppc)

Børre Gaup boerre at skolelinux.no
Sat Apr 30 06:17:32 PDT 2005

Bearjadat, cuoŋománu 29. b. 2005 18.55, Arthur Moore čálii:
> For some reason I had this in my xfree86 config file:
>
> Section "Extensions"
> Option "Composite" "Enable"
> EndSection
>
> xfree86 would start with that in there. So I uncommented it out. xserver
> started no problem. so I reinstalled xorg, uncommented the same section and
> now ardour works like a champ.

It works for me, too.
> I'm no xserver guru, I really don't know what this section is for or what
> it does. sounds like it might be a bug I need to report to ubuntu-ppc.

It makes use of the new extensions in xorg (commented here:
http://dot.kde.org/1106424624/1106429025/)

I filed a bug, https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/483, on the gnucash
issue.

> It's amazing to me that here I am running an obscure setup with KDE,
> ubuntu, and ardour, and there is still someone out there who can help.
>
> Thanks.

Thanks to you, too. It solved my problems, too :-)

> Art
Børre